I started by removing all the staples from the dust cover on the bottom of the chair. (I took this picture after I started to remove the staples) This will take you some time. I’m not going to lie, it took me some days. It was hard removing the staples with needle nose pliers. I would end up breaking the staple in half, making it much harder to remove once it was broken in two pieces stuck in the chair. Needless to say, I lost all motivation and the chair sat for a few days.
With my motivation back, I was determined to use something other than pliers, to remove the rest of the staples. Not wanting to buy anything, I just used what I had on hand, which ended up being fingernail nippers. Using them, made it so much faster and easier to lift the staple and twist it right out in one whole piece. If you have some lying around, I suggest you use them. If not, you can buy them for less than $5 at a drugstore. Of course you may be one of those talented people who are able to use needle nose pliers, a flat-head screwdriver and a hammer. Unfortunately, I am not.
You can see the nippers on the wooden piece on the bottom of this chair. (click pic to make bigger)
Once the dust cover was off, I removed that upper wooden piece and removed the screw from the lower right corner of the chair. The screw in the lower left side of the chair has two screws, screwed in one hole, in a criss cross fashion. For now it sits until we can drill another hole and remove the screw.